1. Mercyhurst – The Lakers have lost just once in the last six games and have jumped over Air Force for the top spot in Atlantic Hockey. They continue their six game road trip at Holy Cross this weekend.
2. RIT – The Tigers started the 2012 off by beating ranked teams in back-to-back games. After losses at Wisconsin, the Tigers had back-to-back shutouts of Sacred Heart, scoring 13 times. The Tigers face off against surging Bentley this weekend.
3. Air Force – The Falcons haven’t won since the start of the New Year and have just two ties to their name. The Falcons even suffered their first home loss of the season to Bentley. They’ll look to turn things around against Army.
4. UConn – The Huskies have soared up to a tie for third place with a five game winning streak in Atlantic Hockey games. It’ll be a huge weekend for the Huskies as they welcome Robert Morris, who is tied with the Huskies for third.
5. Bentley – The Falcons are riding a four game unbeaten streak that has seen them rise to fourth in the standings. They been doing it with defense. Thy haven’t scored more than two goals during the streak but also haven’t given up more than two. The streak is on the line when they host RIT.
6. Holy Cross – The Crusaders loss to Robert Morris was their first Atlantic Hockey loss since Nov. 27. It has put them right in the middle of the Atlantic Hockey race. They sit just five points behind Mercyhurst, who the Crusaders host this weekend.
7. Robert Morris – The Colonials sit in a tie for third with UConn and will face the Huskies this weekend.
8. Canisius – The Golden Griffins appeared to have hit the wall. The young team has won just twice in the last nine games. They have a chance to get back to winning this weekend against Sacred Heart.
9. Niagara – The Purple Eagles won for the first time since Dec. 10 with a sweep of Army. They look to carry the momentum against AIC.
10. AIC – One win in nine games might has ended any hope the Yellow Jackets had of getting to the top half of the standings. The Yellow Jackets travel to Niagara this weekend.
11. Army – The Black Knights have lost four straight. Things don’t look to get easier as the Yellow Jackets host Air Force.
12. Sacred Heart – The Pioneers continue their lost season by being shutout twice by RIT. They also surrendered 13 goals.