Playoff positioning for many teams is still up in the air as we hit the last two weeks of the regular season. Eight teams still have a chance at a first round bye in the playoffs.
1. Air Force – The Falcons took three points from Niagara this weekend to stay in first place for the second straight week. They are undefeated in their last eight games. The Falcons host Mercyhurst this weekend.
2. RIT – The Tigers rebounded from being swept by sweeping Canisius. The Tigers have taken points in eight of their last 10 games and sit just one point behind Air Force for first place. They host Robert Morris this weekend.
3. Mercyhurst – The Lakers split with Robert Morris over the weekend. Even with the split, the Lakers are still just two points behind Air Force for the Atlantic Hockey lead.
4. Niagara – The Purple Eagles got only one point against Air Force but rebounded to beat Canisius on Tuesday. They face off against Canisius again tonight.
5. Bentley – The Falcons are on a four game unbeaten streak and have taken points in six of the last seven. Only four points out of the first, the Falcons have a big series with UConn this weekend.
6. Robert Morris – The Colonials have just two wins in the last six games and are slowly falling down the standings. They have a huge weekend ahead, traveling to RIT.
7. Holy Cross – The Crusaders are on a four game winning streak and have allowed only four goals during that stretch. They’ve scored 20 goals in the same time. They’re five points out of first and face Sacred Heart this weekend.
8. UConn – The Huskies have earned just point in their last four games. It has seen them fall eight points out of first place. The Huskies face Bentley this weekend.
9. Canisius – The Golden Griffins have won just once in their last five games. They’ve surrendered at least three goals in all those losses. They face Niagara tonight
10. Sacred Heart – The Pionners look to be picking up steam as the season winds down. They have points in four of their last six. They face Holy Cross this weekend.
11. Army – The Black Knights brief three game winning streak was snapped while being swept by Holy Cross. They’ll look to get back to winning against AIC this weekend.
12. AIC – The Yellow Jackets have lost four straight. They face Army this weekend.