Not much changes in this week’s power rankings with many teams splitting their weekend series. Air Force jumps back to No.1 with a sweep of RIT while Niagara continues to rise after a seven game winning streak. Outside of the top four teams in the power rankings, there was very little shakeup from last week. And teams tightly packed in the standings, every game from hereon out is huge.
1. Air Force – The Falcons regain the top spot with a sweep of RIT. They are unbeaten in six straight games but will be tested against a very hot Niagara team this weekend.
2. Mercyhurst – The Lakers ended Niagara’s seven game winning streak but now will be on the road for four of their last six games. It starts this weekend with a home-and-home against Robert Morris.
3. Niagara – The Purple Eagles are one of the hottest teams in Atlantic Hockey. They had won seven straight before falling to Mercyhurst. They have a tough test this weekend when they face Air Force.
4. RIT – The Tigers lost for the first time in six games as they were swept by Air Force. They look to rebound against Canisius this weekend.
5. Robert Morris – The Colonials are struggling a bit, losing three of the last four games. They face off with Mercyhurst this weekend.
6. UConn – The Huskies have lost two straight and four of the last six. They have a chance to get back in the win column with a set against Sacred Heart.
7. Bentley – The Falcons have lost once in the last five games as they try and move up the standings. They face AIC in this weekend.
8. Holy Cross – The Crusaders won for the first time since Jan. 14 this past weekend with a sweep of AIC. They look to add to that streak with a pair against Army this weekend.
9. Canisius – The Golden Griffins struggles continue. They won once this past weekend, their only win in the last four games. The have a tough test this weekend against RIT.
10. Army – The Black Knights are heating up. They’ve won two straight Atlantic Hockey games sandwiched around a 9-1 exhibition win. They will try to continue this roll against Holy Cross.
11. AIC – The Yellow Jackets are back on the losing path after getting swept by Holy Cross. They faceoff against Bentley this weekend.
12. Sacred Heart – The Pioneers should have gotten a win this weekend but let Bentley escape with a tie. They will try again against UConn this weekend.