This is the last Power Rankings until the end of the playoffs. And if the playoffs are anything like the regular season in Atlantic Hockey, it should be a very fun and exciting couple of weeks.
1. Air Force – The Falcons clinched the regular season title and a first round bye this weekend. They face the winner of the Canisius/UConn matchup next weekend.
2. Niagara – The Purple Eagle’s second half surge culminated in the No. 2 seed in the AHA tournament and a first round bye. After a weekend off, they will face the winner of the AIC/Robert Morris series.
3. RIT – The Tigers took just one point from last weekend and settle for the three seed and a first round bye. They will face the winner of the Bentley/Sacred Heart series.
4. Bentley – The Falcons fell just one point short of guaranteeing themselves a first round bye as they lost out on tie breakers to Mercyhurst. They host Sacred Heart in the first round.
5. Mercyhurst – Thanks to a tie breaker the Lakers get a first round bye and the No. 4 seed in the AHA tournament. They face the winner of the Holy Cross/Army series.
6. Holy Cross – The Crusaders, like Bentley, lost out on a first round bye thanks to tie breakers. They host Army this weekend.
7. Robert Morris – The Colonials are the No. 7 seed in the tournament and host AIC this weekend.
8. UConn – The Huskies limp into the playoffs as the No. 8 seed. They host Cansius this weekend.
9. Sacred Heart – The Pioneers are gaining momentum at the right time. They travel to Bentley this weekend.
10. Canisius – Like UConn, the Golden Griffins are limping into the playoffs. They travel to UConn.
11. AIC – The Yellow Jackets have to travel to Robert Morris as the No. 10 seed this weekend.
12. Army – The Black Knights enter the playoffs as the No. 12 seed and travel to Holy Cross.