Another week and the same No.1 in our Power Rankings. The standings are still tight but Niagara is starting to pull away at the top. Only four points separate second place and sixth place. Just like many thought at the beginning of the season, the race to Rochester is going to be a tight and highly contested one.
1. Niagara – Could there possibly be a chink in the Purple Eagles armor. They fell behind in both games against Sacred Heart and needed to come from behind. They face RIT tonight and travel to Bowling Green on Saturday.
2. Holy Cross – The Crusaders earned just one point and suffered their first conference loss since Nov. 3 and they won’t have a chance to make up those points until after the New Year. They face Penn State for a pair this weekend.
3. Robert Morris – The Colonials took three of four points from Holy Cross and now have points in three of their last four games to climb back in the standings. they also don’t play another Atlantic Hockey game until after the New Year. They face Ohio State for two this weekend.
4. Bentley – The Falcons had their first pointless, two game weekend of the season. They host Air Force for a big two game set this weekend.
5. Army – The Black Knights just keep winning. They’ve lost just two Atlantic Hockey games this year and swept Bentley and AIC last weekend. They have a big game at UConn on Friday and at Merrimack on Tuesday.
6. Mercyhurst – The Lakers got a much needed win at Air Force last weekend and are only four points behind second place Holy Cross. They host AIC for two games this weekend.
7. UConn – The Huskies were gaining steam before being swept by Canisius last weekend. They had won four of the last five games. They host Army on Friday.
8. Canisius – The GOlden Griffins had a huge four point weekend, sweeping UConn. They ‘re starting to gain momentum with points in the last four games, winning three of them.
9. Air Force – The Falcons win over RIT on Sunday was their first win since Nov. 9. They travel to Bentley this weekend.
10. RIT – The Tigers struggles continued as they lost at Air Force. They haven’t won in over a month. There’s a good chance for a win this weekdn as they host Sacred Heart.
11. AIC – The Yellow Jackets lost their only game to Army last weekend and have now lost two straight. They travel to Meryhurst for two this weekend.
12. Sacred Heart – The Pioneers continue to be the only winless team in the NCAA. They travel to RIT for two this weekend.