Atlantic Hockey Power RankingsPosted by: Timothy O'Donnell
1. Mercyhurst – The Lakers have taken point in five of their last six conference games and continue to hold onto first place in the standings. A showdown with second place RIT awaits them this weekend.
2. RIT – The Tigers host first place Mercyhurst with a chance to jump into first themselves. A four game winning streak as the Tigers riding high.
3. Air Force – The Falcons won for the first time since Dec. 30 and won their first Atlantic Hockey game since Dec. 3. The Falcons finish their four game road trip with a visit to Canisius.
4. Robert Morris – The Colonials have taken points in 13 of their last 14 Atlantic Hockey games and have risen to third in the standings. The Colonials have a home-and-home series with Niagara this weekend.
5. UConn – The Huskies five game Atlantic Hockey winning streak come to an end last weekend. The Huskies are still just six points out of first place and have a home and home series with Holy Cross this weekend.
6. Bentley – The Falcons are just six points behind Mercyhurst and have the opportunity to make up some ground against Army this weekend.
7. Niagara – A four game winning streak as propelled the Purple Eagles to within four points of first. They’ve allowed one or fewer goals in all four games. They have a huge matchup with Robert Morris this weekend.
8. Holy Cross – The Crusaders have won just once in the last five games and have to gone to overtime in four of the games. The Crusader faceoff with UConn this weekend.
9. Canisius – The Golden Griffins still have hope of moving up in the standings, but a meeting with Air Force this weekend could put a damper on those hopes.
10. AIC – The Yellow Jackets are on a three game losing streak but could turn things around against Sacred Heart.
11. Army – The Black Knights haven’t won since Dec. 30 against RPI. Things might not change this weekend against Bentley.
12. Sacred Heart – The Pioneers have just one point this season, and that came back on Nov. 27. They could get their first Atlantic Hockey win of the season against AIC this weekend.